Monday, May 29, 2006

What?

So it is time for Micah to be in court today.
Only he is not here.
So why are we?
While we wait, the judge hears another case.
Then the judge and public defender decide to call probation themselves, on behalf of the female defendant, to flex thier muscle.
The Judge was getting nowhere, embarrassed, he says on the phone "I am a superior court judge, in session, give me the director."
Only, to no avail.
The Judge looks up and addresses the few of us in the court room and says, "If I have this much difficulty getting help from the probation department can you imagine what it is like for those on probation?"
And there you have it.
Why I was there.
My reminder for the day, why I do what I do.
Because the system really is that bad.
And they need hope.
They need Jesus.

No comments: