Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's a shame...


Go Dodger Blue! Take me out to the ball game! Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks...I don't care if I ever get back. Has anyone figured out what my lil ole blog is about? Baseball....yes you got it. Actually it's about alot more than that. Because I don't seem to do just one thing at a time..no I cram as much into each event as I can. Thats me! I know myself. So last week, I was talking to Reid and we decided we would be off to the ballgame soon, then shortly after talking to Edgar (kickin it), we quickly discovered he had NEVER been to a ball game. He grew up 30 minutes from the stadium! So of course, I knew what that meant. He must be introduced to the "sports fan, think blue, go dodger's, just have good ol fun, culture in LA" or whatever you call it! So our party grew. Then of course, we must add the urban department because Edgar's going, so it has now become an outing! Then off we go, the 7 of us to the Dodger game. After, 6 or 7 innings (watch out, I am not a sports writer) it is still 0-0. Dare I say this is not the most exciting game I have ever been to. I know, "its a pitching game" ooohhhh, aaaaahhh!
Ok so back to my version of this game. So I watched for hours as the beachball was tossed, and taken by the authorities. Then a new one would appear, almost magically, only to be confiscated. It was as though there was this silent understanding, you do what you have to and we will do what we must! And look, Edgar does have a smile. Seems it is all worth it, except one thing. "If they don't win it's a shame" and a shame it was. But not to worry, they recovered the next day, no more shame no more sorrow! Yippee....Go Dodgers!

Barry and Reid, they shared peanuts all night (but not cracker jacks)

There it is, the smile of Edgar! A very successful evening, his first Dodger game.

Here is Reid, with his ever so passionate call to charge!

Here are the Dodgers, maybe not charging, and maybe not even smiling....they are getting ready to lose..aaaww. It's ok...it's how you play the game!

Why is Ila smiling? Because her team is not the Dodgers, but the Padres, and they won that night!

1 comment:

April Lindh said...

Who won the game, I don't remember? Haha, just kidding. You told me who won.