Wednesday, November 30, 2005

do trains really talk?

you know i have only been home for 12 days....seems like it should be more than enough time to unpack my bags and my brain, don't you think? But it seems like I hit the ground running again, which is not highly unusual for me. My boss here calls before i arrive home to inform me that it seems I am in demand for the Christmas party at our campus...you see for the past 4 years I have been the official Master of Ceremonies/Stand up Comic...and this year is to be no exception so welcome home you have a week to prepare..so, be funny now...how will I do this? I look at my situation, all that I just came out of and all I can say is WHAT IS SO FUNNY? You know what I came up with, the fact that he would even ask me to do this...that is what was so funny. I mean, really, I have been crying buckets...not little tears,randomly, here and there...but BUCKETS....since early September, even in preparation for my endeavor in Washington...most of which you all know about! (army med center :( , reconciliation time with my daughter Krysta, not certain if it would go good or bad, being away from my family here for weeks, son in Iraq at war) so you tell me...WHAT IS SO FUNNY? Then I thought, it is funny that God constantly asks us to do the very opposite of what we feel like doing...and this is a classic example for me...I want very much to cry and he is asking me to make people laugh....you know I think he is having a good laugh right now....as i think of "the little train that could" heading up the mountain, with the faint puffs of steam sporatically shooting out from the engine, as he slowly climbs to the top of mountain shouting "I think I can, I think i can, I think I can"....I am hoping for inspiration but all I can wonder is do trains really talk?

1 comment:

April Lindh said...

I love reading your blog, even though I talk to you every day. I made you a link on my blog now, so other people can come see what you have to say.