Saturday, November 12, 2005

counsel anyone?

when i found out i was coming to the east coast i became almost single minded to the point of being obsessed on one thing...hearing this Pastor preach, someone I had heard speak, at a conference, a few years back . He lives here on the East Coast and honestly, I was at a point where I thought I needed to get the "word of the Lord". I have been pioneering, leading, breaking new ground in my life and in the city for years. So while I was making a million plans to be with my daughter and playing out in my mind over and over again everything that I thought would happen between us( not one of those scenarios played out by the way), I was also planning this secret obsession of getting this amazing revelation from God on the next season of my life. Long story, short...once I arrived I quickly realized nothing was going to play out like I had imagined....isn't it funny how we travel so far in our minds and yet we never get there unless God wants us to go? Ps 16 vs 2 "You are my Lord" ... He is my Lord, but isn't it hard to keep him Lord and not take over? Yet in his mercy, he forgives....
Psalms 16 - vs 5-8 Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
Alas! Good news...it's the Lord who gave me a word. It didn't come from man, it came from Him, God himself, His way, not mine. It didn't come the way I imagined it would, but isn't that everyone's story. I hope you like the pic of me and Reid...it's a bonus! love ya'all...

No comments: