Saturday, September 16, 2006

layers :(

Last fall I was in DC with Krysta for her hip surgery and it was tough. I've said before that I have always hated the whole onion layer thing. Maybe that is putting it lightly. I mean really why does this have to happen in layers? Layers only really look good in terms of fashion, right? I know this is a sweet, amazing, irritating, annoying, character-building, beautiful process. Ooops, some of those words just jumped in there "accidently". But seriously, teaching the last few weeks at the Live Ride really helped me to appreciate the depths that God has taken me on this journey. So even though I am airing all my complaints, I really am happy and thankful for a HUGE difference. (really) We have a relationship now, and it is most definetly that of a mother and a daughter. Things have changed in my life and in my relationships, and day by day it is more evident. If only I could be more patient and see what God sees it would be easier. I mean the view from down here is so distorted. It helps to get a better perspective now and again to remind me I am on the right track. God gives me that and when he does, it's sweet.

Here is a cute picture of Krysta when we were hanging out together at one of our favorite spots, Panera Bread. (hence the better perspective)
Here is a pic of Krysta with Emily, as a brand new mom! And I got to be there to celebrate with her...WOW!

















Emily's first doctor appointment, and I was there for that too!












One more cute pic I had to post...aaawww.....so cute!

No comments: